Nouveau Brunswick Journaux
Ressources pour les Journaux du New Brunswick[modifier | modifier le wikicode]
Beaucoup des anciens journaux mentionnent les mariages, les décès et quelques naissances.
Russell Harper's Historical Directory of New Brunswick Newspapers and Periodicals donne la liste des différents journaux du Nouveau Brunswick et indique où les trouver.
Newspaper Directories[modifier | modifier le wikicode]
- Helen Craig and Muriel Daniel.New Brunswick newspapers directory, 1783-1996 = Répertoire des journaux du Nouveau-Brunswick. 2nd edition. Council of Head Librarians of New Brunswick, 1996.
- J. Russell Harper. Historical directory of New Brunswick newspapers and periodicals. University of New Brunswick, 1961.
Bibliothèques et Archives[modifier | modifier le wikicode]
Provincial Archives of New Brunswick (PANB)
Bonar Law-Bennett Building
23 Dineen Drive
University of New Brunswick Campus
Fredericton, New Brunswick
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 6000
Fredericton, New Brunswick E3B 5H1
New Brunswick Newspaper Directory:
The province’s largest collections of newspapers are at:
- Harriet Irving Library
University of New Brunswick
P.O. Box 7500 Fredericton, New Brunswick E3B 5H5
(Street address: 5 MacAulay Lane)
Telephone: (506) 453-4740[[Image:]](506) 453-4740
- Legislative Library of New Brunswick
706 Queen Street
P.O. Box 6000
Fredericton, New Brunswick E3B 5H1
The Legislative Library also has a large collection. They have all New Brunswick newspapers and also make clippings files by subject from the four provincial dailies “concerning public issues and the activities of the New Brunswick government” so it appears unlikely these will be of use to genealogists.
Archives numérisées en Ligne[modifier | modifier le wikicode]
- Wikipedia a davantage sur ce sujet: List of online newspaper archives (liste des archives de journaux en ligne)
- New Brunswick Provincial Archives - Daniel F. Johnson’s New Brunswick Newspaper Vital Statistics (1784-1896)
- New Brunswick Free Public Library - Newspaper Archives of New Brunswick (1871-1908). New Brunswick Daily Times 1871-1916 and Daily Home News 1887, 1889, 1903-1912 can be accessed through the website - free.
- 1800-1807 - Saint John Gazette (St. John, N.B.) at Google News - gratuit.
- 1806-1807 - The Fredericton Telegraph (Fredericton, N.B.) at Google News - gratuit.
Indexes[modifier | modifier le wikicode]
- New Brunswick vital statistics from newspapers. An extensive abstracting and indexing project, begun by the New Brunswick Genealogical Society, later taken over by Daniel F. Johnson and covering 1784-1896. Available in book form or searches can be done at the Provincial Archives on New Brunswick website. This enormous index is an extraordinary accomplishment, of incalculable benefit to New Brunswick researchers.
- David R. Henderson. Parish of Kars, Kings county, New Brunswick: some births, marriages, deaths, etc. and articles of interest gleaned from the Kings County Record regarding the parish of Kars, Kings County, New Brunswick for the years 1891 through 1965 (1997). Henderson has published similar volumes for the parishes of Norton, Springfield, Wickham, Johnston and Cambridge.
New Brunswick Unpublished Indexes[modifier | modifier le wikicode]
The Royal Gazette a été indexé pour les années 1784–1867. L'index est disponible aux Archives de la Province.
French-language Newspapers[modifier | modifier le wikicode]
The Acadian population has been less well-served, but there were two papers published in the Moncton area: Le Moniteur Acadien (1867-1926) and L’Evangeline (1887-1982). The Université de Moncton has published Inventaire du “Moniteur acadien,” 1867-1926, a selective index of articles of Acadian interest, and those with genealogical and family history information. Check their webpage and lists of publications to see what other more recent indexing has been published. There are some, for limited time spans, and you might be lucky and find they include the years you want.
In Bathurst, LAC lists Le courrier des Provinces Maritimes published from 1885 to 1899 and 1900 to 1903, as well as many short-lived local publications that sprang up in the 1980s to replace L’Evangeline. If you need to locate French-language newspapers, consult the Centre d’Études acadiennes at the Université de Moncton.
Current Publications[modifier | modifier le wikicode]
If you want to write to a local paper, be careful of older reference works like Canadian Serials Directory (1987) which may lurk in reference libraries but list periodicals and newspapers, with addresses etc. active in 1987. For currently published papers, try to find a recent copy of Matthews’ List, which is brought out several times a year, listing all Canadian advertising media including newspapers.
Web Sites[modifier | modifier le wikicode]
Références[modifier | modifier le wikicode]
- de Groot, Susanna, "Canada Historical Newspapers Bibliographies (National Institute)," The National Institute for Genealogical Studies (2012), https://familysearch.org/wiki/en/Canada_Historical_Newspapers_Bibliographies_%28National_Institute%29.
- Taylor, Ryan, "Canada Newspaper Indexes and Abstracts (National Institute)," The National Institute for Genealogical Studies (2012), https://familysearch.org/wiki/en/Canada_Newspaper_Indexes_and_Abstracts_%28National_Institute%29.
- Taylor, Ryan, "Obtaining Canada Newspaper Resources (National Institute)," The National Institute for Genealogical Studies (2012), https://familysearch.org/wiki/en/Obtaining_Canada_Newspaper_Resources_%28National_Institute%29.
- Erreur de référence : Balise
<ref>incorrecte ; aucun texte n’a été fourni pour les références nommées