Aide:Créer une page non liée à partir d'une page existante
|Cet Article Aide vous guidera pour l'édition dans Wiki. Voir Aide contributeur pour participer davantage aux articles.|
Visitez le Forum Aide Wiki si vous avez des questions.
What will this article help me do?[modifier | modifier le wikicode]
This help article will instruct you on how to create a new article. Make sure that a similar article does not exist that you can edit or improve before starting a new one. This will make it easier for users to find similar information in the same location.
Avoiding duplicate articles on the wiki which involves searching the wiki for similar articles first, rather than creating a page linked from an existing page.
How to create a new article[modifier | modifier le wikicode]
1. Log in.
- Log in to the FamilySearch Research Wiki
2. Choose an appropriate title.
- Choose the title of the article you want to create. If you are writing an article about Census records, consider that this topic applies to many localities in many countries. For example, instead of using a title, "Census records," a better choice would be "Kentucky Census records."
3. Perform a search for your title.
- In the search box, type the title of the article you want to create. Make sure you type the title in exactly as you want it to appear, including capital letters, spelling, and punctuation. Click on "Search".
4. Review search results to see if an appropriate page already exists.
- In the search results page, look at close matches to determine if the article you want to write already exists.
5. Locate the red link at the top of the search results.
- If no page title matches or there are no close matches covering the topic then locate the title you searched for in red at the top of the page.
6. Click on the red text title
- Click on the red title at the top of the page. This will open the edit window. For example: If you searched for "Protestants in Ireland," you would click on the words "Protestants in Ireland" shown in red on the page. After clicking on those words, an empty editing window will open for the new page titled "Protestants in Ireland." In the editing window, the title at the top of the page is listed after the word "Editing", for example, "Editing Protestants in Ireland."
7. Add Breadcrumb Trails
8. Add SEO
9. Add your text.
- Start writing your text for the page in the editing window.
- If you have created a page in a sandbox. Just go to the Sandbox. Click edit and go to Wikitext, then copy the page and paste it onto the new page. Then save the page. You can still edit the page to make it the way you want it.
10. Add a Category
11. Click on "Show preview" to review the page as it will look. Make formatting or other corrections.
- After editing the page, Click on "Save page". Congratulations! You have just created a new page.