Wormegay, Norfolk Genealogy
Guide to Wormegay, Norfolk ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Poor Law Union||Downham|
|Parish registers: 1561|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1698|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Norfolk|
|Location of Archive|
|Norfolk Record Office|
WORMEGAY (Holy Cross), a parish, in the union of Downham, hundred of Clackclose, W. division of Norfolk, 7½ miles (N. N. E.) from Downham. 
Wormegay St Michael and All Angels and Holy Cross is an Ancient parish in the diocese of Norwich. Originally in the deanery of Fincham, in the archdeaconry of Norfolk. It is now in the deanery of Fincham and Feltwell, in the archdeaconry of Huntingdon and Wisbech in the Diocese of Ely.
- Downham 1837-1974
Wormegay, Norfolk Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|FREG = FreeREG - free|
|FS ATs = England, Norfolk Archdeacon's Transcripts, 1600-1812 (FamilySearch) - free|
|FS BTs = England, Norfolk, Bishop's Transcripts, 1685-1941 (FamilySearch) - free|
|TIN = Tinstaafl Transcripts - free|
|Wormegay, Norfolk Genealogy Online Parish Records|
This parish's registers do not appear on FamilySearch as no microfilm for the parish is held
A search of the FamilySearch Catalogue identifies the following Archdeacon's transcripts:
|Baptisms, marriages and burials 1725-1812
||FHL BRITISH Film |
1596300 Item 4
Poor Law UnionsEdit
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Norfolk Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and GazetteersEdit
- Norfolk: Wormegay on GenUKI
- Lewis, Samuel A.,A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 673-687. Date accessed: 12 August 2013.
- 'Norfolk Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 27 February 2014.
- 'England, Norfolk Archdeacon's Transcripts, 1600-1812,' FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- 'England, Norfolk, Bishop's Transcripts, 1685-1941', FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- 'Norfolk Baptism Project 1813 to 1880,' Tinstaafl Transcripts, accessed 10 April 2014.