Witchampton, Dorset Genealogy
Guide to Witchampton, Dorset ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Poor Law Union||Wimborne and Cranborne|
|Parish registers: 1656|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1733|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Dorset|
|Location of Archive|
|Dorset Record Office|
Parish History[edit | edit source]
WITCHAMPTON (All Saints), a parish and a sub-district in Wimborne district, Dorset. The parish lies 5 miles NNW of Wimborne railway station. There is a Wesleyan chapel..
Resources[edit | edit source]
Civil Registration[edit | edit source]
Church records[edit | edit source]
Census records[edit | edit source]
Probate records[edit | edit source]
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Dorset Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers[edit | edit source]
Websites[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England, publ. London: 1848. Date accessed: 12 July 2103.
- Dorset, England, Baptisms, Marriages, and Burials, 1538-1812, courtesy: Ancestry (£). Partially indexed.
- Dorset, England, Births and Baptisms, 1813-1906, courtesy: Ancestry (£). Partially indexed.
- Dorset, England, Marriages and Banns, 1813-1921, courtesy: Ancestry (£). Partially indexed.
- Dorset, England, Deaths and Burials, 1813-2001, courtesy: Ancestry (£). Partially indexed.
- 'Vital Records Index - British Isles - Collection List,' British Isles Vital Records Index, 2nd ed., hosted at Genoot, accessed 14 April 2012.