Wisconsin, Crew Lists of Vessels Arriving at Manitowoc - FamilySearch Historical Records
|Access the Records|
Wisconsin, Crew Lists of Vessels Arriving at Manitowoc, 1925-1956
|This article describes a collection of records at FamilySearch.org.|
|Manitowoc, Wisconsin, |
|Flag of the United States of America|
|US Flag 1912-1959 (48 stars)|
|National Archives and Records Administration Logo|
|Record Type||Crew Lists|
|Record Group||RG 85: Records of the Immigration and Naturalization Service|
|Microfilm Publication||M2045. Wisconsin, Crew Lists of Vessels Arriving at Manitowoc, 1925-1956. 1 rolls.|
|National Archives Identifier||4532545 414|
|National Archives and Records Administration|
- 1 What is in This Collection?
- 2 What Can These Records Tell Me?
- 3 Collection Content
- 4 How Do I Search This Collection?
- 5 What Do I Do Next?
- 6 Citing This Collection
What is in This Collection?
The collection consists of images of crew lists of vessels arriving at Manitowoc, Wisconsin, from June 30, 1925 to September 24, 1956. These lists were submitted to the Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) by the captain or master of each vessel. This collection corresponds to NARA microfilm publication M2045 and is part of Record Group 85 Records of the Immigration and Naturalization Service. The collections is arranged in chronological order.
Whenever possible FamilySearch makes images and indexes available for all users. However, rights to view these data are limited by contract and subject to change. Because of this there may be limitations on where and how images and indexes are available or who can see them. Please be aware some collections consist only of partial information indexed from the records and do not contain any images. For additional information about image restrictions see Restrictions for Viewing Images in FamilySearch Historical Record Collections.
To Browse This Collection
|You can browse through images in this collection using the waypoints on the Collection Browse Page for Wisconsin, Crew Lists of Vessels Arriving at Manitowoc, 1925-1956.|
What Can These Records Tell Me?
The following information may be found in these records:
- Name of passenger
- Immigration date and place
- Age and estimated birth year
- Birth Country
- Ship Name
How Do I Search This Collection?
To begin your search, it is helpful to know:
- The full name of your ancestor
- The approximate date of immigration
Search the IndexSearch by name on the Collection Details Page.
- Fill in the search boxes in the Search Collection section with the information you know
- Click Search to show possible matches
View the Images
View images in this collection by visiting the Browse Page.
- Select NARA Roll Number - Contents
How Do I Analyze the Results?
Compare each result from your search with what you know to determine if there is a match. This may require viewing multiple records or images. Keep track of your research in a research log.
What Do I Do Next?
I Found the Person I Was Looking For, What Now?
- Add any new information to your records
- If available, check the image for additional information
- Analyze the entry to see if it provides additional clues to find other records of the person or their family
I Can’t Find the Person I’m Looking For, What Now?
- Try searching by surname only
- The person may be recorded with an abbreviated or variant form of their name
- Remember that spelling was generally not standardized until the early part of the 20th century
- If your ancestor does not have a common name, collect entries for every person who has the same surname. This list can help you identify possible relatives that can be verified by records
The following articles will help you in your research for your family in the state of Wisconsin.
- Beginning Research in United States Immigration and Emigration Records
- Wisconsin Guided Research
- Research Tips and Strategies
- Step-by-Step Research
Citing This Collection
Citations help you keep track of places you have searched and sources you have found. Identifying your sources helps others find the records you used.
The citation for this collection can be found on the Collection Details Page in the section Citing this Collection.
When looking at a record, the citation can be viewed by clicking the drop-down arrow next to Document Information.
When looking at an image, the citation is found on the Information tab at the bottom left of the screen.