Weston-super-Mare St John the Baptist, Somerset Genealogy
Guide to Weston-super-Mare St John the Baptist, Somerset ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Weston-super-Mare St John the Baptist, Somerset|
|Poor Law Union||Axbridge|
|Parish registers: 1668|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1599|
|Diocese||Bath and Wells|
|Probate Court||Court of the Bishop (Consistory) of the Archdeaconry of Wells|
|Location of Archive|
|Somerset Record Office|
Parish History[edit | edit source]
WESTON-SUPER-MARE (St. John), a parish, in the union of Axbridge, hundred of Winterstoke, E. division of Somerset, 9 miles (N. W.) from Cross. An additional church, dedicated to Emmanuel, and situated near the railway station, at the entrance of the town, was consecrated in October 1847. There are places of worship for Independents and Wesleyans.
Resources[edit | edit source]
Civil Registration[edit | edit source]
Church records[edit | edit source]
Weston-super-Mare St John the Baptist, Somerset Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|WESTON SUPER MARE ST JOHN THE BAPTIST PARISH Online Records|
Weston Super Mare Holy Trinity parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|WESTON SUPER MARE HOLY TRINITY PARISH Online Records|
Census records[edit | edit source]
Genealogy from Periodicals [edit | edit source]
Mattravers, Philip. The Matravers Family.
History and Family Tree of the Mat(t)ravers family of Joseph and Elizabeth Matravers of Donyatt, Taunton, Weston-Super-Mare and Chippenham. Article covers 1780-1929, and is to be found in The Family History Journal of the South East Hampshire Genealogical Society, no. 5, February 1975, pages 100-102, Family History Library Ref. 942.27 B2f
Probate records[edit | edit source]
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Somerset Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers[edit | edit source]
Websites[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of England, (1848). Date accessed and adapted: 27 SEptember 2013.
- 'Somerset, England, Baptisms, Marriages and Burials, 1531-1812,' Ancestry, accessed 26 July 2016.
- 'Somerset, England, Baptisms, 1813-1913,' Ancestry, accessed 26 July 2016.
- 'Somerset, England, Marriage Registers, Bonds and Allegations, 1754-1914,' Ancestry, accessed 26 July 2016.
- 'Somerset, England, Church of England Burials, 1813-1914,' Ancestry, accessed 26 July 2016.
- Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987). Digital version at FamilySearch Digital Library.
- 'Somerset Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 17 October 2013.
- 'IGI Batch Numbers for Somerset, England', IGI Batch Numbers - British Isles and North America, accessed 21 October 2013.
- 'Somerset Coverage,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 18 October 2013.
- 'Somerset Marriages', findmypast (WayBack Machine), accessed 29 April 2014.
- 'Parish Records - National Burial Index Records 1538 - 2005 Coverage', Find My Past, accessed 17 October 2013.
- Pallot's Marriage and Birth Indexes, Guide to Parishes. Digital version at FamilySearch Digital Library.