Warwickshire Archives and Libraries
|Warwickshire Wiki Topics|
|Local Research Resources|
- 1 Record Offices
- 2 Archives
- 3 Libraries
- 4 Museums
Warwickshire County Record OfficeEdit
- The office collects, preserves and makes available the historic records of Warwickshire and its people. We have records dating from the 12th century onwards and our collections cover a wide variety of historical documents, from old title deeds to recent baptism registers.
The Shakespeare Birthplace Trust Record Office and LibraryEdit
The Shakespeare Birthplace Trust Record Office and Library
Shakespeare Birthplace Trust
Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwickshire CV37 0NP UK
Telephone: 01789 204016 (bookings) 01789 201813 (enquiries)
Website: The Shakespeare Birthplace Trust Record Office and Library
- The Shakespeare Birthplace Trust Record Office holds records relating to Stratford-upon-Avon and the surrounding area, as well as historical documents concerning Shakespeare and his family.
Coventry History CenterEdit
- Coventry Archives & Research Centre is the new name for Coventry History Centre. It opened in 2008 when the resources of Coventry Record Office and the local studies collection held at Central Library were brought together under one roof. It houses a huge range of primary and secondary source material providing insights into the history of the city and its citizens from medieval times to the present day. Particular highlights include our internationally important collection of medieval manuscripts giving an unrivalled glimpse into the administration of the city from its earliest recorded times. Our earliest record is dated 1182.
Solihull Heritage & Local StudiesEdit
Solihull Heritage & Local Studies
The Core Library
Solihull, West Midlands B91 3RG UK
Telephone: 0121 704 6934
- The Core Library Solihull is a Family Search Affiliate Library, offering free access to many of the images digitised by Family Search, as well as having subscriptions to Ancestry, Find My Past and The Genealogist (Diamond subscription).
The University of Warwick Modern Records CentreEdit
The University of Warwick Modern Records Centre
University of Warwick
Coventry, West Midlands CV4 7AL UK
Telephone: 024 7652 4219
Website: Modern Records Centre
- The Modern Records Centre, founded in October 1973, is the main British repository for national archives of trade unions and employers' organisations, and also has strong collections relating to pressure groups, fringe political parties and transport.
The Library of BirminghamEdit
The Library of Birmingham
Birmingham, Warwickshire B1 2ND UK
Telephone: 0121 2424242
Website: The Library of Birmingham
Catalogue: Archives and Collections
- The Library of Birmingham provides a showcase for the city's internationally important collections of archives, photography and rare books. Facilities include a state-of-the-art gallery space opening up public access to the collections. It is also home to the BFI Mediatheque, providing free access to the National Film Archive.
- We collect and preserve both original and printed records of historical significance relating to the City of Birmingham, its people, its businesses, institutions and societies, dating from the 12th to the 21st century.
Coventry Central LibraryEdit
Solihull Central Library (The Core Library)Edit
Sutton Coldfield LibraryEdit
- The Library houses both a Reference and Local History section which holds books, maps and photographs relating to the history of Sutton Coldfield. Some material is available in the library whilst some is available by appointment only. Many of the library's photographs have been digitised giving much easier access to the library's collection of photographs. The old Sutton Coldfield Stocks can be viewed in the Local Studies area of the Library.
Nuneaton Museum & Art GalleryEdit
- We offer an inspiring and engaging programme of exhibitions, events and activities that will appeal to a wide range of visitors. We have permanent exhibitions related to Local History, Fine Art and local writer George Eliot.
For a long list of Warwickshire museums, go to List of museums in Warwickshire in Wikipedia.