Vermont, United States Genealogy
|Vermont Wiki Topics|
|Local Research Resources|
Guide to Vermont ancestry, family history, and genealogy birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
Vermont is a state in the northeast region of the United States. It is divided into 14 counties and it's capital is Montpelier. Vermont was admitted to the Union as the 14th state on 4 mar 1791. Vermont was created from the Province of New York, New Hampshire Grants and Vermont Republic. 
Getting Started with Vermont Research
Links to articles on getting started with Vermont research.
Vermont Research Tools
Links to articles and websites that assist in Vermont research.
Vermont Clickable Map
Many genealogy records are kept on the county level in the United States. Click on a county below to go to the county Wiki article listing more information.
- Grand Isle
Extinct or Renamed Counties: Albany · Charlotte · Cumberland · Dominion of New England Genealogy · Gloucester · Jefferson · Massachusetts Bay Colony Genealogy · New Hampshire · New York · Washington (old)
Vermont Migration Routes
Below are FamilySearch resources that can assist you in researching your family.
- Facebook Communities - Facebook groups discussing genealogy research
- Learning Center - Online genealogy courses
- Historical Records - databases and record images on FamilySearch
- Family History Center locator map
- Access Genealogy – Genealogy guide for Vermont, emphasizing free resources online.
- Ancestorhunt.com - resources for Vermont genealogy research
- Cyndi's List - Vermont genealogy sites on the internet
- County Creation Dates and Divisions showing dates they were created or renamed and counties created from older counties.
- Random Acts of Genealogical Kindness - Guide to Ancestry and Family Tree Records for Vermont.
- Vermont Genealogy - contains information and records for Vermont ancestry, family history, and genealogy.
- Vermont Genealogy Trails - collection of transcribed data for the state of Vermont
- Vermont Research Outline – Original Family History Library research outline; contains many out of date links
- Wikipedia contributors, "List of US States by Date of Admission," in Wikipedia: the Free Encyclopedia, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._states_by_date_of_admission_to_the_Union, accessed 31 Oct 2016.