- Please post new messages at the bottom of the page to prevent confusion.
- Please sign your comments. Type
after your text.
- Please use section headings to separate conversation topics.
Information about categories
I name is Anne Wuehler and I work in the British Research unit of the Family History Library. I work with Barbara Baker and Alan Mann. We've been discussing categories and realized that yhe English list would be huge if we categorized every article under England. If an article relates only to one county, we will assign it to the category for the name of the county. Barbara is in the middle of creating the categories for all of the counties. To see the list so far, go to https://wiki.familysearch.org/en/Category:England
I'm working on adding probate information for Yorkshire. The subcategories are the names of the courts because I've categorized each court page Category:Yorkshire. If you want to see an example, go to https://wiki.familysearch.org/en/Court_of_the_Peculiar_of_the_Prebend_of_Bilton
Anne 21:54, 26 June 2009 (UTC)
- Thanks Anne for your message. Yes the Category:England was looking rather crowded. I made some changes last weekend that set-up separate sub-categories for each of the English counties, and made some progress in recategorising articles that relate to specific places within England to the appropriate county. I also created the Category:Probate records in England to group all the main county probate record article together. You mention creating categories in the names of the courts, but I don't see them. Is this something that you plan? --CottrellS 16:10, 27 June 2009 (UTC)
- Thanks. I appreciate your comments. This template works well for inline links. I have also been considering creating a template like Template:Details or Template:Further that could be used to direct readers to further information in Wikipedia. --Steve 09:05, 23 July 2009 (UTC)
Underlined Text[edit source]
Steve - thanks for helping with the Alabama VR page - I just checked a lots of the text is underlined. Could you please help us fix it? Thanks! CK Whipple 06:51, 8 August 2009 (UTC) and could you tell me how to sign my name? Thanks!! CK Whipple