Ålegård estate is located in Skræm parish, Øster Han district, Hjørring county. See the location on OpenStreetMap.
The estate is first referred to as Arlofgaard in 1449 and was a property of the Bishop of Børglum until 1536 when it was confiscated by the Crown as part of the Reformation. In 1544 Jørgen Splid became the owner and in 1611 it became the property of Mogen Eriksen Kaas. In 1699 the property became part of Oxholm estate when Theodosius von Levetzau acquired it.
These records were microfilmed by the Genealogical Society of Utah in the 1960s and were published digitally in 2012. Both microfilm and digital collections contain the same material. Descriptive detail may vary making it appear the collections are different.
Information on how to use the records in this collection can be found in the article Denmark, Estate Records - FamilySearch Historical Records
Images from the microfilm can be accessed through the FamilySearch Catalog record. The Historical Records collection can be accessed at: Denmark Estate Records, 1436-1964 Ålegård gods.
Images are available through FamilySearch Catalog (FSC) and Historical Records (HR)
- Records for Ålegård estate:
Available Probate Records
Trap, Jens Peter. Kongeriget Danmark, 3rd ed. Vol. 4, Hjørring, Thisted, Aalborg, Viborg, og Randers amter. Copenhagen: G.E.C. Gads Boghandel, 1901. Pages 176-177.
- Records created by the estate held by the National Archives of Denmark: Ålegård gods
Related Wiki Articles
Category:Hjørring_County,_Denmark]] Category:Hjørring_County,_Denmark Estates]] Category:Denmark Estates]]