|Name||Address||Information||Days open||Times open|
|Somerset Heritage Center||Brunel Way, Langford Mead, Norton Fitswarren, Taunton, TA2 6SF||1823 278805||Friday||9am to 5pm|
|Museum of Somerset||The museum of Taunton, Taunton Castle, Castle Green, Taunton, Ta1 4AA||1823 255088||Tuesday to Saturday and every bank holiday monday||10am to 5pm|
Somerset Heritage Center[edit | edit source]
Taunton TA2 6SF
- 01823 278805 (enquiries)
- 01823 337600 (appointments) Please make an appointment if you need a guaranteed place in the searchroom.
Fax: 01823 347459
- Important holdings
- Diocese of Bath and Wells records
- Somerset estate and manorial records
- Somerset Light Infantry collection
- Quarter Sessions Records for the County of Somerset
Museum of Somerset[edit | edit source]
The Museum of Somerset tells the county's story from prehistoric times to the present day using real objects combined with evocative films, sounds and images, and the voices and words of Somerset people past and present.
Amongst the treasures on display is the Frome Hoard, which is the largest collection of Roman coins ever discovered in Britain in a single container.
|There is a webpage that shows what is going on at the Museum|
To see what is going on at the museum go here.
The Museum Of Somerset