|Russia Wiki Topics|
|Local Research Resources|
Genealogical Societies[edit | edit source]
In 1989, the Russian Genealogical Society was founded in St. Petersburg and Dr. Igor V. Sakharov was elected its first president. In 1992, the National Library of Russia created the Institute of Genealogical Research, the first post-communist governmental institution of its kind in Russia. You can find an additional information at http://www.petergen.com
Many societies cannot give research assistance, but they will inform you of addresses of researchers and other sources that may assist you in your research. They can usually help you find and hire a researcher to investigate local records that an archivist does not have time to search. When contacting a society for help, remember the following:
- Have the dates when your relative was born and when he/she died.
- Have the name of the town or township where your relative lived.
- For emigration, have the date they left Russia, the ship name if known.
- For immigration, know the date of arrival, the port and the ship name.
- The FEEFHS seeks to promote genealogical research in Eastern and Central Europe without any ethnic, religious, or religious distinctions.
- Has both a Russian and English version of the website. The RGO has online indexes, search strategies for Russian genealogy, and a message board to ask for help or hire a professional.
- The Society seeks to help with and popularize the genealogical research in the area, provide assistance in the compilation of pedigrees, and preserve history.
Historical Societies[edit | edit source]
- The AHSGR encourages the research of all German Russians from all regions of Russia. The Society publishes genealogical materials, searches for information, and translates records. They are the largest repository of information about Germans from Russia in the western hemisphere.
Other Societies[edit | edit source]
Social Media[edit | edit source]
Russian Empire Genealogy Research
Website: FamilySearch Community
- The goal of the Russian Empire Genealogy Research group is to collaborate with others in finding answers to genealogical questions. Questions can be posted and answered on this page.