|County Donegal Wiki Topics|
|County Donegal Record Types|
|Ireland Record Types|
|Local Research Resources|
Family history societies often publish helpful journals, transcripts, compiled genealogies and host helpful websites. They may have ongoing projects to transcribe records and create indexes. Most societies publish queries in their journals and maintain lists of members’ research interests that may be helpful to you. You may want to join one of these societies, reap the benefits of their expertise and resources, or support its efforts.
Addresses of the societies are for the most part where their meetings are held as they are by-and-large not brick-and-mortar institutions.
Clogher Historical Society (Cumann Seanchais Chlochair)
Newtownbutler Community Centre
3-5 Bridge St
Fermanagh, Northern Ireland BT92 8EN UK
Telephone: 00353 47 71984
Website: Clogher Historical Society
- Clogher Historical Society is a group of people and institutions who share a common interest in the local history of the southern border area, especially the diocese of Clogher. The Society promotes local history in the counties of Fermanagh, Monaghan, South Tyrone, and parts of South Donegal and West Louth.
- The Ardara Heritage and History Group's mission is to foster interest about the history, heritage, and culture of the greater Ardara hinterland.
County Donegal Historical Society
Dorrian's Imperial Hotel
Website: County Donegal Historical Society
Website #2: County Donegal Historical Society
- The objective of the Society is to preserve and record the history of the county. Since 1946 it has awakened a new interest in Donegal studies and has brought together people of different traditions and backgrounds.
- The Group was founded in February 2015 to preserve and promote the rich local heritage and history of our area.
Rathmullan & District Local History Society
St Vincent De Paul Centre
Website: Rathmullan & District Local History Society
Raymochy Historical Society
Manorcunningham Community Resource Centre
11 Lagan Ct
Website: Raymochy Historical Society
- The society is extending a warm invitation to everyone in the community interested in doing family research or learning more about the local history of the area.