Undersåker Lappförsamling Parish, Västernorrland, Sweden Genealogy
Guide to Undersåker Lappförsamling Parish, Sweden ancestry, family history, and genealogy: birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records
History[edit | edit source]
|Undersåker Lappförsamling Parish, Västernorrland, Sweden Genealogy|
|Militär indelning||add here|
In about 1758 Undersåker Lappförsamling was created from Föllinge (Hotagens lappförsamling). In 1768 Hede (Tännäs) lappförsamling was created from this parish. On December 31, 1941 this parish was dissolved.
Collections[edit | edit source]
Census Records[edit | edit source]
- Sweden Household Examination Records (Husförhörslängder)--explanation of this church record which is functionally the census of Sweden.
- Sweden Household Examination Books, 1840-1947, ($), index and images. Also on Ancestry.com, ($), Arkiv Digital ($), and SVAR at Riksarkivet.
Church Records[edit | edit source]
Online Database Church Records[edit | edit source]
The easiest way to access the Swedish Church Records is through the internet, using these five sites (see links to specific collections below). Four of these sites require a subscription for access. (ArkivDigital, Ancestry.com, and MyHeritage.com are available at a FamilyHistory Center near you free of charge.)
- Sweden, Jämtland Church Records, 1582-1928; index 1642-1860 at FamilySearch.
- MyHeritage.com ($),
- Ancestry.com ($),
- Arkiv Digital ($), and
- SVAR at Riksarkivet.
Help Using ArkivDigital: Online Databases for Sweden[edit | edit source]
- These lessons will teach you how to use ArkivDigital:
Family History Library Records[edit | edit source]
Click Sweden, Jämtland Records for a full listing of microfilmed records (some digitized online) at the Family History Librarythat may be digitized. Check back occasionally to see if your records have become available. In the meantime, some of them might be available at a Family History Center near you.
Click on "Places within Sweden, Jämtland" and then select your parish.
Military Records[edit | edit source]
Related Sources[edit | edit source]
Help Reading Swedish Records[edit | edit source]
- You do not have to be fluent in Swedish to read these records! They have a limited vocabulary: mother, father, born, bride, groom, married, etc. The rest of the content will be names, dates, and places, which do not need translation.
- This Swedish Word List covers typical terms found in the records.
- Swedish Historical Dictionary Database, SHDD: This interactive dictionary allows you to enter a word in the search box and receive the translation.
- Feast Day Calendar (Moveable) and Feast Day Lists (Fixed and Moveable) will help you translate dates written in feast day form.
- Sweden surnames are patronymic and change every generation, so carefully study Sweden Names, Personal.
- For help with reading the column headings found in more recent records, see Swedish Parish Register and Household Exam Roll Headings.
- Instructions, document examples, and translations are given for Reading Swedish Birth and Christening Records 1717, 1752, 1771, 1792, 1803, 1834, 1854.
Help Reading Old Handwriting[edit | edit source]
- Reading Gothic Handwriting for Swedish Genealogy, Lesson 1
- Spelling and Phonetics for Swedish Genealogy, Lesson 2 — Names, dates, and key genealogical words
- Reading Gothic Handwriting for Swedish Genealogy: Put It All Together, Lesson 3
- Birth and Christening Records for Swedish Genealogy
- Scandinavian Handwriting
- Scandinavian Handwriting, part 3 - No part 2 available
Help With Research Objectives and Strategies[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
Hallen parish, Husförhörslängd 1838-1857, AI;6, Ort register.
Skatteverket. "Hallen." Förteckning (Sveriges församlingar genom tiderna). April 2011 Sveriges församlingar genom tiderna
References[edit | edit source]
Skatteverket. "Undersåkerlappförsamling ." Förteckning (Sveriges församlingar genom tiderna). November 2011Sveriges församlingar genom tiderna