Turnham Green, Middlesex Genealogy
"TURNHAM-GREEN Christ Church, [built as a district church in 1845], was a hamlet, found in the parish of Chiswick, union of Brentford, Kensington division of the hundred of Ossulstone, County of Middlesex, 5 miles west by south of London."
See also Chiswick (St. Nicholas) parish.
To find the names of the neighbouring parishes, use England Jurisdictions 1851. In this site, search for the name of the parish, click on the location "pin", click Options and click List contiguous parishes.
Contributor: Include here information for parish registers, Bishop’s Transcripts, nonconformist and other types of church records, such as parish chest records. Add the contact information for the office holding the original records. Add links to the Family History Library Catalog showing the film numbers in their collection.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Middlesex Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Poor Law UnionsEdit
Contributor: Add information about the pertinent poor law unions in the area.
Maps and GazetteersEdit
| This section requires expansion with:
any additional relevant sites that aren't mentioned above.
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of England 1848 Date accessed and adapted: 29 October 2013.