Trunch, Norfolk Genealogy
Guide to Trunch, Norfolk ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Poor Law Union||Erpingham|
|Parish registers: 1558|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1698|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Norfolk|
|Location of Archive|
|Norfolk Record Office|
Parish History[edit | edit source]
TRUNCH (St. Botolph), a parish, in the union of Erpingham, hundred of North Erpingham, E. division of Norfolk, 3 miles (N. by E.) from North Walsham. There is a place of worship forWesleyans. 
Trunch Saint Botolph is an Ancient parish in the Repps deanery of the Diocese of Norwich. This is the largest of the villages between North Walsham and the sea....to learn more of this church, visit Norfolk Churches.
Resources[edit | edit source]
Civil Registration[edit | edit source]
- Erpingham 1837-1938
- North Walsham 1939-1974
- The Register Office, 18 Kings Arms Street, North Walsham, NR28 9JX.
Tel/Fax: 01692 406220. E-mail: email@example.com
Church records[edit | edit source]
Trunch, Norfolk Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Trunch, Norfolk Genealogy Online Records|
This parish's registers do not appear on FamilySearch as no microfilm for the parish is held at the Family History Library.
A search of the FamilySearch Catalogue identifies the following Archdeacon's transcripts:
|Baptisms, marriages and burials 1725-1812
||FHL BRITISH Film |
1526817 Item 7
Census records[edit | edit source]
Poor Law Unions[edit | edit source]
Probate records[edit | edit source]
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Norfolk Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers[edit | edit source]
Websites[edit | edit source]
- Norfolk: Trunch on GenUKI
- Trunch benefice
- Trunch Contains history and images.
- Church of St Botolph Trunch on British Listed Buildings
- British History online
- Trunch on Literary Norfolk. Contains info on Kipper family.
- Trunch on Norfolk Churches
References[edit | edit source]
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp.395-398 Date accessed: 29 July 2013.
- 'Norfolk Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 27 February 2014.
- 'England, Norfolk Archdeacon's Transcripts, 1600-1812,' FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- 'England, Norfolk, Bishop's Transcripts, 1685-1941', FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for Norfolk, England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 20 March 2014.
- 'Norfolk Coverage,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 11 February 2014.
- Norfolk Transcription Archive, accessed 14 April 2014.
- Pallot's Marriage and Births Indexes: Guide to Parishes, n.d.
- 'Norfolk Baptism Project 1813 to 1880,' Tinstaafl Transcripts, accessed 10 April 2014.