Tidcombe and Fosbury, Wiltshire Genealogy
Guide to Tidcombe and Fosbury, Wiltshire ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Tidcombe and Fosbury, Wiltshire|
|Poor Law Union||Hungerford|
|Parish registers: 1731|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1620|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Wiltshire|
|Location of Archive|
|Wiltshire Record Office|
Parish History[edit | edit source]
TIDCOMBE (St. Michael), a parish, in the union of Hungerford, hundred of Kinwardstone, Everley and Pewsey, and S. divisions of Wiltshire, 6£ miles (N. N. E.) from Ludgershall.  FOSBURY, a chapelry in Tidcombe and Shalbourn parishes, Wilts.
Resources[edit | edit source]
Civil Registration[edit | edit source]
Church records[edit | edit source]
Tidcombe parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|BIVRI = British Isles Vital Records Index (Ancestry) - (£)|
|NBI = National Burial Index (findmypast) - (£)|
|NIM = Nimrod Research - (£). Results delivered by email.|
|Tidcombe Parish Online Records|
Fosbury parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Fosbury Parish Online Records|
Census records[edit | edit source]
Probate records[edit | edit source]
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Wiltshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers[edit | edit source]
Websites[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 357-360. Date accessed: 16 October 2013.
- John Marius Wilson; Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales, 1870-72.
- 'British Isles Vital Records Index - 2nd Ed. Breakdown of Records', Genoot, accessed 10 January 2014.
- 'Parish Records - National Burial Index Records 1538 - 2005 Coverage', Find My Past, accessed 3 November 2013.
- 'Wiltshire Parish Explorer,' Nimrod Research, accessed 8 January 2014.