Thavie's Inn, London Genealogy
Return to the London Parishes St T-Z page.
Thavie's Inn, Holborn Hill, is six houses west of St. Andrews churchyard, and is one of the Inns of Chancery. It derives its name from its founder, John Kay who lived in the reign of Edward III. It is a member, and under the government of Lincoln's Inn.
[Adapted from: "Topographical Dictionary of London" by James Elmes; published 1831]