Sutton, Shropshire Genealogy
Guide to Sutton, Shropshire ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Poor Law Union||Atcham|
|Parish registers: 1769|
|Bishop's Transcripts: None|
|Probate Court||Court of the Bishop of Hereford (Episcopal Consistory)|
|Location of Archive|
|Shropshire Record Office|
Parish History[edit | edit source]
SUTTON (St. John), a parish, in the union of Atcham, liberties of the borough of Shrewsbury, N. division of Shropshire, 2¼ miles (S. S. E.) from Shrewsbury.
Resources[edit | edit source]
Civil Registration[edit | edit source]
Church records[edit | edit source]
Sutton, Shropshire Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|FMP = Shropshire Records (findmypast) - (£)|
|IGI = International Genealogical Index (FamilySearch) - free|
|PALL = Pallot's Marriage Index (Ancestry) - (£)|
|SUTTON PARISH Online Records|
Bishop's transcripts held at Lichfield Record Office Bap 1630-1856 Marr 1630-1840 Bur 1630-1856
Census records[edit | edit source]
Probate records[edit | edit source]
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Shropshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers[edit | edit source]
Websites[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 271-274. Date accessed: 17 May 2012.
- 'Shropshire Baptisms 1538-1900,' findmypast, accessed 28 April 2014.
- 'Shropshire Marriages 1538-1900,' findmypast, accessed 28 April 2014.
- 'Shropshire Burials 1538-1900,' findmypast, accessed 28 April 2014.
- Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for Shropshire, England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 25 April 2014.
- Pallot's Marriage and Birth Indexes, Guide to Parishes. Digital version at FamilySearch Digital Library. 'Marriage reg. lost, only 1 marriage after 1837 on cards between 1790 - 1812 appears in marr. reg.'