Stow Bardolph, Norfolk Genealogy
Guide to Stow Bardolph, Norfolk ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Stow Bardolph, Norfolk|
|Poor Law Union||Downham|
|Parish registers: 1559|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1691|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Norfolk|
|Location of Archive|
|Norfolk Record Office|
Parish History[edit | edit source]
STOW-BARDOLPH (Holy Trinity), a parish, in the union of Downham, hundred of Clackclose, W. division of Norfolk, 2 miles (N. N. E.) from Downham. There are places of worship for Baptists and Wesleyans. 
Stow Bardolph Holy Trinity is an Ancient parish in Fincham deanery of the Diocese of Norwich.
Non-Church of England denominations identified in Stow Bardolph include: General Baptist, Primitive Methodist, and Wesleyan Methodist.
The modern parish of Stow Bardolph with Stow Bridge is part of the Fincham and Feltwell deanery in the Diocese of Ely.
Resources[edit | edit source]
Civil Registration[edit | edit source]
- Downham 1837-1974
Church records[edit | edit source]
Stow Bardolph, Norfolk Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Stow Bardolph, Norfolk Genealogy Online Records|
This parish's registers do not appear on FamilySearch as no microfilm for the parish is held
A search of the FamilySearch Catalogue identifies the following Archdeacon's transcripts:
|Baptisms and burials 1725-1812 Marriages 1725-1811
||FHL BRITISH Film |
1526809 Item 4
Census records[edit | edit source]
http://www.doun.org/transcriptions/documents.php?district_id=6&document_id=33269 online transcript 1841 census
http://www.btinternet.com/~e.c.apling/1891Census/StowBardolph.htm transcript of 1891 census
Poor Law Unions
[edit | edit source]
Downham For more information on the history of the workhouse, see Peter Higginbotham's web site: www.workhouses.org.uk and http://www.workhouses.org.uk/index.html?Downham/Downham.shtml Downham Poor Law Union
Probate records[edit | edit source]
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Norfolk Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers[edit | edit source]
Websites[edit | edit source]
- Stow Bardolph on GenUKI
- Stow Bardolph Holy Trinity on A Church Near You
- Stow Bridge Mission St Peter
- British history online Includes list of rectors
- Church of Holy Trinity Stow Bardolph on British Listed Buildings
- History of the Hare family and Stow Hall
- Images and description of the history of the church
- Stowbardoph on Norfolk Churches
References[edit | edit source]
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 234-238. Date accessed: 11 June 2013.
- 'Norfolk Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 27 February 2014.
- 'England, Norfolk Archdeacon's Transcripts, 1600-1812,' FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- 'England, Norfolk, Bishop's Transcripts, 1685-1941', FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for Norfolk, England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 20 March 2014.
- 'Norfolk Coverage,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 11 February 2014.
- 'Norfolk Baptism Project 1813 to 1880,' Tinstaafl Transcripts, accessed 10 April 2014.