Open main menu

Shropshire Parishes

Shropshire Wiki Topics
Flag of Shropshire.png
Beginning Research
Record Types
Shropshire Background
Local Research Resources

Civil Parishes of ShropshireEdit

The following is a list of the original ecclesistical parishes in the historic county of Shropshire, England. In the late 19th century and the early 20th century, as the population increased in many parishes, they were sub-divided into new parishes. Click on a parish name to go to the parish Wiki article for research information:


Historically, Criftins, Hengoed, Kinnerley, Knockin, Llanyblodwel, Llanymynech, Melverley, Morton, Oswestry, St. Martin's, Selattyn, Trefonen, Weston Rhyn and Whittington were in the Welsh Diocese of St. Asaph. However, following disestablishment of the Anglican Church in Wales on 31 March 1920, the Shropshire parishes were transferred to the English Diocese of Lichfield.