Saskatchewan, Canada Genealogy
Getting Started[edit | edit source]
1. What information do you wish to locate about your ancestor? To choose the sources you need to search first, please click on RECORD SELECTION TABLE:Saskatchewan, which will help you decide.
2. From the above Record Selection Table, which sources do you wish to check in this province? To check the availability of your sources of interest as well as to check the websites that have them online, please click on this province's SOURCES LINKS TABLE.
3. Do you know the location that you wish to search in this province? If so, please check for some possible sources and some online information about your location of interest, by clicking on this province's POPULATED PLACES TABLE
Featured Article[edit | edit source]
Effective family research requires some understanding of the historical events that may have affected your family and the records about them. Learning about wars, governments, laws, migrations, and religious trends may help you understand political boundaries, family movements, and settlement patterns. Read more...
Research Tools[edit | edit source]
- Looking 4 Kin Genealogy & Family History Network - Saskatchewan
- BYU Research Outline for Saskatchewan, Canada
- Mary's Genealogy Treasures – great research resource
Wiki articles describing online collections are found at:
- Saskatchewan Judicial District Court Records - FamilySearch Historical Records
- Saskatchewan Probate Estate Files - FamilySearch Historical Records
Did You Know[edit | edit source]
- Local churches and regional and national church archives may have the following types of records: minutes of meetings, correspondence, records of church-affiliated organizations, and records of baptisms, marriages, and burials.
- Henderson’s city and business directories date back to 1885. The Regina office has a large collection of telephone directories back to 1905.
Things You Can Do[edit | edit source]
In order to make this wiki a better research tool, we need your help! Many tasks need to be done. You can help by: