Difference between revisions of "Santa Barbara California Family History Center"
|Line 81:||Line 81:|
=== Links ===
=== Links ===
Revision as of 17:03, 2 May 2018
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
This Center is a partner with the Family History Library in Salt Lake City.
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Center Resources
- 4 Center Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Links
- 7 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours[edit | edit source]
- 2107 Santa Barbara Ave Santa Barbara CA 93105 United States
- Enter at the rear door on Santa Barbara St.
- Press the doorbell to enter.
- Wednesday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
- Saturday: 11:00am - 2:00pm, the second Saturday of each month. Closed on all other Saturdays, beginning June 2018.
'Holiday Schedule: Closed July 4, Thanksgiving week, Christmas week, New Year's week
Calendar and Events[edit | edit source]
Upcoming Events[edit | edit source]
Class Schedule[edit | edit source]
Staff Training Meetings[edit | edit source]
Center Resources[edit | edit source]
Collections[edit | edit source]
Databases and Software[edit | edit source]
- Family History Center Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment[edit | edit source]
- This Center has 6 computers with access to FamilySearch and the premium websites as well as an added computer for scanning film or fiche to digital media or print.
- 6 film readers and 3 fiche readers are available
- Copier and printer
- Wireless access available for laptop and tablet computers
Center Services[edit | edit source]
Staff Research Specialties[edit | edit source]
Resources in the Local Area
[edit | edit source]
The Santa Barbara Genealogical Society's Sahyun Library is open to the public and is located at 316 Castillo Street on the ocean side of Highway 101. Take the Bath Street exit going North, or the Castillo Street exit going South on 101. The Library contains over 10,000 volumes, 600 CD-ROMS, and a large collection of newsletters and journals from many genealogical societies all over the United States, Canada, Australia, Great Britain and other countries.
Hours: Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 10 am to 4pm, Sunday 1 to 4 pm.
Links[edit | edit source]
Volunteer at the Center[edit | edit source]