Jump to navigation Jump to search
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Please review the contributor help to assist you in editing.
See Beale Wagon Road
History[edit | edit source]
Route 66 was established on November 11, 1926—with road signs erected the following year.
Route[edit | edit source]
For a detailed interactive map of the route, see National Park Service, Route 66, Discover Our Shared Heritage Travel Itierary
Websites[edit | edit source]
- A Brief History of Route 66
- History of Route 66
- Legendary Route 66
- Shadows of Old Route 66
- Auto Circle from USAA
- Route 66 Corridor Preservation Program
- National Park Service, Route 66 Overview
- Oklahoma Historical Society, Oklahoma Route 66 Museum
- June 27, 1985: Route 66 decertified
- Route 66 History
Bibliography[edit | edit source]
- Kittel, Gerd, Alexander Bloom, and Freddy Langer. Route 66. New York: Thames & Hudson, 2002.
- National Historic Route 66 Federation. Route 66 Dining & Lodging Guide. Lake Arrowhead, CA: National Historic Route 66 Federation, 2011.
- Steil, Tim, and Jim Luning. Route 66. Osceola, WI: MBI Pub. Co, 2000.
- Dunaway, David King, Michael Wallis, and Robert Waldmire. A Route 66 Companion. Austin: University of Texas Press, 2012.
- Wallis, Michael. Route 66: The Mother Road. New York: St. Martin's Press, 1990.
- McClanahan, Jerry, Jim Ross, and Shellee Graham. Route 66 Sightings. Arcadia, Okla: Ghost Town Press, 2011.
References[edit | edit source]
- "Route 66 Timeline". Legends of America. Retrieved April 15, 2012.