Jump to navigation Jump to search
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Please review the contributor help to assist you in editing.
See Beale Wagon Road
History[edit | edit source]
Route 66 was established on November 11, 1926—with road signs erected the following year.
Route[edit | edit source]
For a detailed interactive map of the route, see National Park Service, Route 66, Discover Our Shared Heritage Travel Itierary
Websites[edit | edit source]
- A Brief History of Route 66
- History of Route 66
- Legendary Route 66
- Shadows of Old Route 66
- Auto Circle from USAA
- Route 66 Corridor Preservation Program
- National Park Service, Route 66 Overview
- Oklahoma Historical Society, Oklahoma Route 66 Museum
- June 27, 1985: Route 66 decertified
- Route 66 History
Bibliography[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- "Route 66 Timeline". Legends of America. Retrieved April 15, 2012.