Repps with Bastwick, Norfolk Genealogy
Guide to Repps with Bastwick, Norfolk ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Repps with Bastwick, Norfolk|
|County||Norfolk, England Genealogy|
|Poor Law Union||East and West Flegg|
|Parish registers: 1563|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1600|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Norwich|
|Location of Archive|
|Norfolk Record Office|
Parish History[edit | edit source]
REPPS, with Bastwick (St. Peter), a parish, in the East and West Flegg incorporation, hundred of West Flegg, E. division of Norfolk, 5 miles (N. N. E.) from Acle. 
Repps St Peter is an Ancient Parish in the diocese of Norwich. A 13th century round tower church with a bell stage added on top.
Resources[edit | edit source]
Church Records[edit | edit source]
Repps with Bastwick, Norfolk Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Repps with Bastwick, Norfolk Genealogy Online Records|
Census[edit | edit source]
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
Poor Law Unions[edit | edit source]
For more information on the history of the workhouse, see Peter Higginbotham's web site: www.workhouses.org.uk and East and West Flegg http://www.workhouses.org.uk/index.html?Flegg/Flegg.shtml
Registration Districts[edit | edit source]
- registration events post 1837 may be searched online at Free BMD
- Flegg 1837-1924
- Yarmouth and Flegg 1925-1938
- Acle 1938-1974
- Norwich Outer
Probate Jurisdictions[edit | edit source]
Maps[edit | edit source]
Websites[edit | edit source]
- Repps with Bastwick on GenUKI
- for details of the parish and church
- for photographs of this and other Norfolk churches
- Norfolk churches website
- for detailed history
References[edit | edit source]
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of England(1848), pp. 655-659. Date accessed: 07 May 2013.
- 'Norfolk Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 27 February 2014.
- 'England, Norfolk Archdeacon's Transcripts, 1600-1812,' FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- 'England, Norfolk, Bishop's Transcripts, 1685-1941', FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- 'England, Norfolk, Parish Registers (County Record Office), 1538-1900', FamilySearch, accessed 17 March 2014.
- Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for Norfolk, England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 20 March 2014.
- 'Norfolk Coverage,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 11 February 2014.
- 'Subscription Coverage Catalogue', TheGenealogist, accessed 11 January 2016.
- 'Norfolk Baptism Project 1813 to 1880,' Tinstaafl Transcripts, accessed 10 April 2014.