Quatt, Shropshire Genealogy
|Hundred||Bridgnorth Borough; Stottesden|
|Poor Law Union||Bridgnorth|
|Parish registers: 1672|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1662|
|Probate Court||Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory)|
|Location of Archive|
|Shropshire Record Office|
Parish History[edit | edit source]
QUATT (St. Andrew), a parish, in the union, and partly within the borough, of Bridgnorth, but chiefly in the hundred of Stottesden, S. division of Shropshire, 4½miles (S. E.) from Bridgnorth. 
Resources[edit | edit source]
Civil Registration[edit | edit source]
Church records[edit | edit source]
Quatt, Shropshire Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|BIVRI = British Isles Vital Records Index (Ancestry) - (£)|
|FMP = Shropshire Records (findmypast) - (£)|
|Quatt, Shropshire Genealogy Online Parish Records|
Bishop's transcripts held at Lichfield Record Office Bap 1662-1872 Marr 1662-1837 Bur 1662-1872
Census records[edit | edit source]
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
Probate records[edit | edit source]
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Shropshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers[edit | edit source]
Websites[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 623-627. Date accessed: 06 July 2012.
- 'British Isles Vital Records Index - 2nd Ed. Breakdown of Records', Genoot, accessed 21 February 2014.
- 'Shropshire Baptisms 1538-1900,' findmypast, accessed 28 April 2014.
- 'Shropshire Marriages 1538-1900,' findmypast, accessed 28 April 2014.
- 'Shropshire Banns 1760-1900,' findmypast, accessed 28 April 2014.
- 'Shropshire Burials 1538-1900,' findmypast, accessed 28 April 2014.