Poole Keynes, Wiltshire Genealogy
Guide to Poole Keynes, Wiltshire ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Poole Keynes, Wiltshire|
|County||Wiltshire, England Genealogy|
|Poor Law Union||Cirencester|
|Parish registers: 1632|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1605|
|Diocese||Gloucester and Bristol|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Wiltshire|
|Location of Archive|
|Wiltshire and Swindon History Centre|
Parish History[edit | edit source]
POOLE-KEYNES (St. Michael), a parish in the district of Cirencester and hundred of Malmesbury and Kingswood in the county of Wiltshire. It is adjacent to the Swindon and Gloucester railway and to the river Thames, 1½ mile S S E of Kemble-Junction railway station. It is 5 (S .S .W) of Cirencester. 
Resources[edit | edit source]
Civil Registration[edit | edit source]
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Church records[edit | edit source]
Poole Keynes, Wiltshire Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|AC = Gloucestershire, England, Baptisms, Marriages and Burials (Ancestry) - (£)|
|NIM = Nimrod Research - (£). Results delivered by email.|
|Poole Keynes, Wiltshire Genealogy Online Parish Records|
Census records[edit | edit source]
| This section requires expansion with:
any unique information, such as the census for X year was destroyed.
Probate records[edit | edit source]
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Wiltshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers[edit | edit source]
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
Websites[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Lewis, Samuel A.,A Topographical Dictionary of England(1848), pp. 586-593. Date accessed: 09 October 2013.
- From: 'Pollack - Pooley', A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 586-593. British HistoryDate accessed: 09 October 2013.
- John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales, (1870-72)
- 'Gloucestershire, England, Baptisms, Marriages and Burials, 1538-1813,' Ancestry, accessed 17 June 2016.
- 'Gloucestershire, England, Baptisms, 1813-1913,' Ancestry, accessed 23 June 2016.
- 'Gloucestershire, England, Marriages, 1754-1938,' Ancestry, accessed 20 June 2016.
- 'Gloucestershire, England, Burials, 1813-1988,' Ancestry, accessed 28 June 2016.
- 'Wiltshire Parish Explorer,' Nimrod Research, accessed 8 January 2014.