Plaitford, Wiltshire Genealogy
Guide to Plaitford, Wiltshire ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Poor Law Union||Romsey|
|Parish registers: 1710; For more records see West Grimstead|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1622|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Salisbury|
|Location of Archive|
|Wiltshire Record Office|
Parish History[edit | edit source]
Resources[edit | edit source]
Civil Registration[edit | edit source]
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Church records[edit | edit source]
Plaitford, Wiltshire Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|FMP = FindMyPast - (£)|
|NIM = Nimrod Research - (£). Results delivered by email.|
|PLAITFORD PARISH Online Records|
Census records[edit | edit source]
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
Probate records[edit | edit source]
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Wiltshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers[edit | edit source]
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
Websites[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England(1848), pp. 573-576. Date accessed: 09 October 2013.
- From: 'Pisford - Playford', A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 573-576. British HistoryDate accessed: 09 October 2013.
- John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales, (1870-72)
- 'Over 1.4 million new Hampshire parish records published', Find My Past, accessed 3 October 2013. Date ranges are not clearly identified.
- 'Wiltshire Parish Explorer,' Nimrod Research, accessed 8 January 2014.