Oregon, Lane County Marriage Records - FamilySearch Historical Records
|Access the Records|
|This article describes a collection of records scheduled to become available at FamilySearch.org.|
|Lane, Oregon, |
|Flag of Oregon|
|Location of Lane County, Oregon|
|Location of Oregon|
- 1 What is in This Collection?
- 2 What Can These Records Tell Me?
- 3 Collection Content
- 4 How Do I Search This Collection?
- 5 What Do I Do Next?
- 6 Citing This Collection
- 7 How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?
What is in This Collection?[edit | edit source]
This collection contains marriage records for Lane County, Oregon, for the years 1852 to 1921. This collection contains digital images for three books, and each book holds:
- An index
- Affidavits (license)
- Certificates of marriage
Digital images of the original records are held by the Lane County Historical Museum located in Eugene, Oregon.
To Browse This Collection[edit | edit source]
|You will be able to browse through images in this collection when it is published.|
What Can These Records Tell Me?[edit | edit source]
Collection Content[edit | edit source]
Sample Image[edit | edit source]
How Do I Search This Collection?[edit | edit source]
Before searching this collection, it is helpful to know:
- The names of the bride and groom
- The approximate date of marriage
Search the Index[edit | edit source]You will be able to search this collection when it is published.
How Do I Analyze the Results?[edit | edit source]
Compare each result from your search with what you know to determine if there is a match. This may require viewing multiple records or images. Keep track of your research in a research log.
What Do I Do Next?[edit | edit source]
I Found the Person I Was Looking For, What Now?[edit | edit source]
- Search for other vital records, such as birth and death on a state or county level
- Search for the family in census records
- Search for land, or immigration records, if applicable
I Can’t Find the Person I’m Looking For, What Now?[edit | edit source]
- If your ancestor does not have a common name, collect entries for every person who has the same surname. This list can help you find possible relatives
- If you cannot locate your ancestor in the locality in which you believe they lived, then try searching a nearby locality
- Try different spellings of your ancestor’s name
- Remember that sometimes individuals went by nicknames or alternated between using first and middle names, or even initials
Record Finder[edit | edit source]
Consult the Oregon Research Tips and Strategies and its Record Finder to search other records.
Citing This Collection[edit | edit source]
Citations help you keep track of places you have searched and sources you have found. Identifying your sources helps others find the records you used.
- Collection Citation
"Oregon, Lane County, Marriage Records, 1852-1921." Database. FamilySearch. http://FamilySearch.org : 19 September 2018.
When looking at a record, the citation can be viewed by clicking the drop-down arrow next to Document Information.
When looking at an image, the citation is found on the Information tab at the bottom left of the screen.
How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?[edit | edit source]
|We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. We are looking for additional information that will help readers understand the topic and better use the available records. We also need translations for collection titles and images in articles about records written in languages other than English. For specific needs, please visit WikiProject FamilySearch Historical Records/Guidelines for Articles.|