Ordsall, Nottinghamshire Genealogy
Ordsall All Hallows is an Ancient Parish. For centuries the parish of Ordsall consisted of the village and two small hamlets, Thrumpton and Whitehouses. In 1921 the parish was abolished and it joined with the parishes of North Retford, West Retford and East Retford to form an enlarged East Retford parish.
The Parish Church of All Hallows, Church Lane, Clumber and Hardwick has been designated as a grade B listed building British listed building
See also Ordsall Nottinghamshire Wikipedia
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
From 1837 this parish was within East Retford registration district
Certificates may be obtained for post 1837 events :
The Register Office
County Council Offices
Ordsall All Hallows
Deposited records at Nottinghamshire Archives Baptisms 1538-1959 Marriages 1577-1955 Burials 1556-1950 Bishop’s Transcripts 1628-1841
Nottinghamshire County Council
NG2 7QP telephone: 08449 808080 online
Ordsall St Albans Baptisms 1927-1960 Marriages 1936-1951
Link to the Family History Library Catalogue showing the film numbers in their collection Ordsall
Poor Law UnionsEdit
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Nottinghamshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
Add any relevant sites that aren’t mentioned above.