Orcheston St Mary, Wiltshire Genealogy
Guide to Orcheston St Mary, Wiltshire ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Orcheston St Mary, Wiltshire|
|Hundred||Branch and Dole|
|Poor Law Union||Amesbury|
|Parish registers: 1688|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1608|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Salisbury|
|Location of Archive|
|Wiltshire Record Office|
Parish History[edit | edit source]
ORCHESTON-ST. MARY is located on the Salisbury plain, 8¾ miles N E of Wiley railway station, and 11¼ miles SSE of Devizes.
Resources[edit | edit source]
Civil Registration[edit | edit source]
Church records[edit | edit source]
Orcheston St Mary, Wiltshire Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|BIVRI = British Isles Vital Records Index (Ancestry) - (£)|
|IGI = International Genealogical Index (FamilySearch) - free|
|NIM = Nimrod Research - (£). Results delivered by email.|
|Orcheston St Mary, Wiltshire Genealogy Online Parish Records|
|IGI||1608-1735, 1813-1885||1608-1635, 1673-1678, 1813-1835|
Census records[edit | edit source]
Probate records[edit | edit source]
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Wiltshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers[edit | edit source]
Websites[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of England(1848), pp. 479-483. Date accessed: 07 October 2013.
- John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales, (1870-72)
- 'British Isles Vital Records Index - 2nd Ed. Breakdown of Records', Genoot, accessed 10 January 2014.
- Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for Wiltshire, England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 13 January 2014.
- 'Wiltshire Parish Explorer,' Nimrod Research, accessed 8 January 2014.