North Lynn, Norfolk Genealogy
Guide to North Lynn, Norfolk ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|North Lynn, Norfolk|
|Poor Law Union||King's Lynn|
|Registration District||Kings Lynn|
|Parish registers: 1826; For more records see West Lynn|
|Bishop's Transcripts: None|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Norwich|
|Location of Archive|
|Norfolk Record Office|
Parish History[edit | edit source]
LYNN, NORTH (St. Edmund), a parish, in the union of Lynn, hundred of Freebridge-Marshland, W. division of Norfolk, 1¼ mile (N. W.) from Lynn. 
North Lynn St Edmund is an Ancient Parish serving the northern part of Lynn in effect a chapel.
Church Records[edit | edit source]
North Lynn, Norfolk Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|FS PRs = England, Norfolk, Parish Registers, 1538-1900 (FamilySearch) - free|
|TGEN = TheGenealogist - (£)|
|North Lynn, Norfolk Genealogy Online Parish Records|
Deposited register from 1826 at Norwich Record Office reference PD 34
Census[edit | edit source]
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
Registration Districts[edit | edit source]
- King's Lynn
Probate Jurisdictions[edit | edit source]
Poor Law Unions[edit | edit source]
- King's Lynn http://www.institutions.org.uk/workhouses/england/norf/kings_lynn_workhouse.htm
- see also Norfolk Poor Law Unions
Maps[edit | edit source]
Websites[edit | edit source]
- Norfolk: North Lynn on GenUKI
References[edit | edit source]
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 203-208. Date accessed: 30 April 2013.
- 'England, Norfolk, Parish Registers (County Record Office), 1538-1900', FamilySearch, accessed 17 March 2014.
- 'Subscription Coverage Catalogue', TheGenealogist, accessed 11 January 2016.