Guide to Nicaragua ancestry, family history and genealogy parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Nicaragua Wiki Topics|
|Local Research Resources|
Getting Started with Nicaragua Research
Links to articles on getting started with Nicaragua research.
Nicaragua Research Tools
Links to articles and websites that assist in Nicaragua research.
Genealogy records are kept on the local level in Nicaragua.
Genealogy records are kept on the local level in Nicaragua. Departments:
- Nueva Segovia
- Río San Juan
- North Caribbean Coast Autonomous Region
- South Caribbean Coast Autonomous Region
Below are FamilySearch resources that can assist you in researching your family.
- Facebook Communities - Facebook groups discussing genealogy research
- Historical Records
- Family History Center locator map
- Search page
- Introduction to Hispanic Research
- U.S. Hispanic Immigration
- U.S. Hispanic Immigrants: Finding their Place of Origin
- Improve your Search Results in FamilySearch Hispanic Records
- Deciphering Spanish Handwriting
- Wikipedia contributors, "Nicaragua," in Wikipedia: the Free Encyclopedia, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicaragua, accessed 25 April 2016.