New York City New York Family History Center
|This Family History Center article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Review the instructions and guidelines for FHC pages.
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The New York City FHC is a small branch of the Salt Lake Family History Library. We have access to their collection of over 2.4 million rolls of microfilmed records. Additionally, patrons can access our ~3000 on-site microfilms and 9 family history subscription websites for free.
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- 125 Columbus Ave, NY, NY 10023
- 1st Floor
- (Link to map using Google or other map sites)
Open Hours: T,W, Th-10am-9pm, Fri-10am-6pm, Sat 10am-5pm Closed Sunday & Monday
Holiday Schedule: We will be closed Saturday October 1, 2011, Thanksgiving week Nov 22-26, 2011, and for the Christmas holiday Dec 20-31, 2011.
Calendar and Events[edit | edit source]
Upcoming Events[edit | edit source]
October 18, 2011-Tuesday evening from 6-8pm we are offering a class on Finding Your Hispanic Roots. The class will be on the 3rd floor (signs will be posted). Free of charge.
Class Schedule[edit | edit source]
Staff Training Meetings[edit | edit source]
Center Resources[edit | edit source]
Collections[edit | edit source]
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- We have 3000 + films in our permanent collection. To view this list, order films by mail, and other links that may be of interest, please visit our blog. www.nynyfhc.blogspot.com
Databases and Software[edit | edit source]
- FHC Portal: This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment[edit | edit source]
- We have 3 film readers, 4 computers, and 2 microfilm/fiche readers/scanners and printers.
Center Services[edit | edit source]
Staff Research Specialties[edit | edit source]
Resources in the Local Area
[edit | edit source]
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
Links[edit | edit source]
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center[edit | edit source]
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)