New York City New York Family History Center
Address: 125 Columbus Ave 1st Floor New York NY 10023 Location Map
Why You Might Want To Visit This Family History Center[edit | edit source]
- Experts We have two experts available at all times to provide one-on-one assistance. In addition, volunteers from the community offer the following specialized expertise:
- Italian Wednesdays 11am-1pm
- African American Thursday 10am-noon
- Hispanic and Puerto Rican Wednesdays 3pm-6pm, Saturday 10am-noon
- Jewish Thursdays 6pm-8pm
- Subscription Websites Several family history websites that require a subscription to use at home, such as Ancestry.com, can be used for free at our center. Visit this link for a complete list: Family History Center Portal
- New York City Vital Records While most FamilySearch records can be viewed at home, some cannot. In particular, click here for a list of New York City vital records that can only be viewed in a Family History Center.
- Computers Eight touch-screen computers are available first come, first served. No appointment needed (or accepted), but we have never turned anyone away. If needed, we may limit research time to two hours.
- FREE All services (other than printing) are completely free. We can help you create a free account on FamilySearch that you can continue to use for free at home or on your mobile device.
Hardware and Equipment[edit | edit source]
- 9 computers. First come, first served, but we have never turned anyone away. If needed, we may limit research time to two hours.
- 1 Canon 300 II Microfilm Reader. Schedule it on this spreadsheet. (The ScanPro microfilm reader is not currently working)
Microfilm Collections[edit | edit source]
- We have over 2,300 microfilms in our permanent collection, of which 736 have not been digitized as of 20 December 2019. To view a list of the un-digitized microfilms in our permanent collection click here.
- FHL inventory at the Center for Jewish History
- Family History Center Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Calendar and Events[edit | edit source]
Upcoming Events:[edit | edit source]
Class Schedule[edit | edit source]
Click HERE to register on-line
Additional Online Resources[edit | edit source]
Volunteer at the Center[edit | edit source]
Please email us at NY_NewYorkCity@ldsmail.net if you would like to volunteer in the center.