New York City New York Family History Center
Address: 125 Columbus Ave 1st Floor New York NY 10023 Location Map
Center Resources[edit | edit source]
The center provides free access to several subscription family history websites, including Ancestry, FindMyPast, MyHeritage, Newspapers.com, Fold3, and ArkivDigital.
Due to copyright restrictions, many records in FamilySearch can be viewed in a Family History Center that cannot be viewed elsewhere.
We always have two staff members on duty to assist patrons.
Specialized Onsite Help[edit | edit source]
- Wednesdays 11am - 1pm
- Thursdays 10am - 12pm
Hispanic and Puerto Rico
- Wednesdays 3pm - 6pm
- Saturdays 10am - 12pm
- Thursdays 6pm - 8pm
Hardware and Equipment[edit | edit source]
- 9 computers. First come, first served, but we have never turned anyone away. If needed, we may limit research time to two hours.
- 1 Canon 300 II Microfilm Reader. Schedule it on this spreadsheet. (The ScanPro microfilm reader is not currently working)
Collections[edit | edit source]
- We have 2000 + films in our permanent collection. To view a list of the microfilms in our permanent collection click here.
- FHL inventory at the Center for Jewish History
- Family History Center Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Calendar and Events[edit | edit source]
Upcoming Events:[edit | edit source]
Class Schedule[edit | edit source]
Click HERE to register on-line
Additional Online Resources[edit | edit source]
Volunteer at the Center[edit | edit source]
Please email us at NY_NewYorkCity@ldsmail.net if you would like to volunteer in the center.