New York City New York Family History Center
The New York City Family History Center is a branch of the Salt Lake Family History Library. We provide free access to several subscription family history websites, such as Ancestry, FindMyPast, MyHeritage, Newspapers.com, Fold3, and ArkivDigital. In addition, due to copyright restrictions, many records in FamilySearch can be viewed in a Family History Center that cannot be viewed elsewhere. We also have ~2000 microfilms on-site.
- 125 Columbus Ave 1st Floor New York NY 10023 United States
- English all hours
- Spanish on Saturday mornings and Wednesdays 3-6pm
- Tuesdays: 10am-8pm
- Wednesdays: 10am-8pm
- Thursdays: 10am-8pm
- Fridays: 10am-6pm
- Saturdays: 10am-6pm
We will be closed Saturday,October 6 2019 for General Conference
Specialized Onsite Help[edit | edit source]
- Thursdays 10am - 12pm
Hispanic and Puerto Rico
- Wednesdays 3pm - 6pm
- Tuesdays and Thursdays 5pm - 8pm
- Our Jewish expert is leaving the end of August to pursue a graduate degree.
- If you are an expert in Jewish genealogy and would like to volunteer in our library, please contact us.
Calendar and Events[edit | edit source]
Upcoming Events:[edit | edit source]
Class Schedule[edit | edit source]
Click HERE to register on-line
Center Resources[edit | edit source]
We have specialized help in African-American genealogy, Hispanic genealogy and Jewish genealogy. Please call for an appointment.
Collections[edit | edit source]
- We have 2000 + films in our permanent collection. To view the list of our permanent collection click here.
- FHL inventory at the Center for Jewish History
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment[edit | edit source]
Additional Online Resources[edit | edit source]
Volunteer at the Center[edit | edit source]
Please email us at NY_NewYorkCity@ldsmail.net if you would like to volunteer in the center.