Moulton St Mary, Norfolk Genealogy
Guide to Moulton St Mary, Norfolk ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Moulton St Mary, Norfolk|
|Poor Law Union||Blofield|
|Parish registers: 1539|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1600|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Norwich|
|Location of Archive|
|Norfolk Record Office|
Parish History[edit | edit source]
MOULTON (St. Mary), a parish, in the union of Blofield, hundred of Walsham, E. division of Norfolk, 2½ miles (S.) from Acle. 
Moulton St Mary St Mary is an Ancient parish in the Blofield deanery of the Diocese of Norwich. Norfolk Churches provides additional information and photos of St. Mary, Moulton.
Resources[edit | edit source]
Civil Registration[edit | edit source]
- Blofield 1837-1938
- Norwich Outer 1939-1974
Church records[edit | edit source]
Moulton St Mary, Norfolk Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Moulton St Mary, Norfolk Genealogy Online Records|
Norfolk Record Office reference PD 202
Census records[edit | edit source]
1891 Census Stray Index courtesy of the Norfolk Transcription Archives.
1891 Census Surname Index is provided by Pat Greetham.
Poor Law Unions[edit | edit source]
For more information on the history of the workhouse, see Peter Higginbotham's web site: www.workhouses.org.uk and http://www.workhouses.org.uk/index.html?Blofield/Blofield.shtml
The union consisted of the following parishes: Acle, Beighton, Blofield, Bradestone, Brundall, Buckenham Ferry, Burlingham St Andrew, Burlingham St Edmund, Burlingham St Peter, Cantley, Freethorpe, Halvergate, Hassingham, Hemblington, Limpenhoe, Lingwood, Moulton, Great Plumstead, Little Plumstead, Postwick, Ranworth with Panxworth, Reedham, Southwood, Strumpshaw, Thorpe St Andrew, Tunstall, Upton with Fishley, Walsham St Lawrence, Walsham St Mary, Wickhampton, Witton, and Woodbastwick.
Blofield Union was incorporated under the 1834 Act. The Union Workhouse was opened in 1836 at Lingwood. Blofield Union Board of Guardians was replaced by Guardians Committee No. 3 in 1930.
Received by the Norfolk Record Office on 6 May 1971 (C/GP2/29) and on unknown dates
Probate records[edit | edit source]
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Norfolk Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers[edit | edit source]
Websites[edit | edit source]
- Norfolk: Moulton St Mary on GenUKI
- Blofield Deanery
- Churches Conservation Trust
- Seven Works of Mercy painting in the church
- For description of church and history
- Moulton on Norfolk Churches
References[edit | edit source]
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of England(1848), pp. 353-356. Date accessed: 23 April 2013.
- Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987). Digital version at FamilySearch Digital Library.
- 'Norfolk Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 26 February 2014.
- 'England, Norfolk Archdeacon's Transcripts, 1600-1812,' FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- 'England, Norfolk, Bishop's Transcripts, 1685-1941', FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- 'England, Norfolk, Parish Registers (County Record Office), 1538-1900', FamilySearch, accessed 17 March 2014.
- 'Norfolk Coverage,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 10 February 2014.
- 'Subscription Coverage Catalogue', TheGenealogist, accessed 11 January 2016.