María Elena, Tocopilla, Chile Genealogy
Guide to Commune of María Elena ancestry, family history and genealogy: birth records, marriage records, death records, church records, parish registers, and civil registration.
- The municipality of María Elena was founded in 1979, based on the extraction of saltpeter.
- Originally, the name of the country was Coya Norte.
- In 2007, a strong earthquake with epicenter 80 km north of María Elena destroyed many buildings of the commune.
- The María Elena commune has a population of approximately 4,600 people..
- Registros civiles, 1903-1928-Click on the link to see the records’ availability.
- Chile, Civil Registration, 1885-1903 - in MyHeritage ($)
- Registros parroquiales, 1899 Click on the link to see the records’ availability.
- Chile, Select Marriages, 1579-1930 - in Ancestry ($)
- Chile, Marriages, 1579-1930 - in MyHeritage ($)
- Chile, Baptisms, 1585-1932 - in MyHeritage ($)
- Chile, Deaths, 1700-1920 - in MyHeritage ($)
- Cementerio de María Elena
- Rica Aventura
- Francisco Vergara
- Pedro de Valdivia
- Wikipedia Collaborators, "Calama," In Wikipedia: The Free Encyclopedia, https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maria_Elena_(Chile) . Visited 14 November 2017