Malta Compiled Genealogy
|Malta Wiki Topics|
|Local Research Resources|
- GEDCOM Index Malta. Incomplete.
- Malta Genealogy Family Index database. Index. Incomplete.
- MaltaGenWeb Landing Page is a guide to Malta genealogical data, social networking and other Maltese related information.
- Malta Genealogy on WikiTree where they focus on collaboration around genetic genealogy (2 DNA connections), surname projects (13 genealogists), etc.
- Malta DNA Project in conjunction with FamilyTreeDNA
- Genealogy.com provides searches and forum messages relating to Malta genealogy.
The Adami Collection
- Family History Library Catalog The Adami collection, 1485-1868
- Marriage legacies (legati di maritaggio) were given to the church by the wealthy to endow poor brides with enough money to help defray the costs of the marriage and setting up a household. These legacies usually were given to family members, who had to prove relationship to those who provided the legacy. Consequently, in the legacy records family trees showing relationship from provider to the bride are shown. They are arranged in alphabetical order by the surname of the person providing the marriage legacy.
- Family trees are arranged in no discernable way and they date from the 1500s to the 1800s. Most of the dates that appear are marriage dates and it appears that many of these family trees also had something to do with marriage legacies. They were used to confirm consanguinity in order for a bride to claim a marriage legacy. In later records, rather than a family tree, there are tables of names of those claiming legacies.