Lynford, Norfolk Genealogy
|Poor Law Union||Thetford|
|Parish registers: None; For records see MundFord|
|Bishop's Transcripts: None|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Norfolk|
|Location of Archive|
|Norfolk Record Office|
Parish History[edit | edit source]
LYNFORD, a parish, in the union of Thetford, hundred of Grimshoe, W. division of the county of Norfolk, 6 miles (N. N. E.) from Brandon. 
Lynford Our Lady and St Stephen is the private Roman Catholic chapel built by the Mrs Lyne-Stephens in 1878. She lived at Lynford Hall and had the church built to save her the inconvenience of leaving the Hall and estate to travel to Thetford to attend mass.
Resources[edit | edit source]
Civil Registration[edit | edit source]
- Thetford 1837- 1938
- Wayland 1939-1974
Church records[edit | edit source]
No deposited records are found at the Norfolk Record Office.
Census records[edit | edit source]
Poor Law Unions[edit | edit source]
Probate records[edit | edit source]
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Norfolk Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers[edit | edit source]
Websites[edit | edit source]
| This section requires expansion with:
any additional relevant sites that aren't mentioned above.
References[edit | edit source]
- Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England(1848), pp. 198-203. Date accessed: 23 April 2013.