Louisiana Statewide Deaths - FamilySearch Historical Records
|This article describes a collection of historical records scheduled to become available at FamilySearch.org.|
Record Description[edit | edit source]
Record Content[edit | edit source]
The key genealogical facts found in the Louisiana Death Records usually include the following information:
- Full name of Deceased
- Color or Race
- Age at death
- Marital Status (Married, Never Married, Divorced or Widowed)
- Name of Husband or Wife
- Date of Birth
- Date of Military Service or what war deceased served in
- Citizen of what country
- Occupation before death
- Place & date of death
- Cause of Death
- Date & place of Burial
- Certificate number
- Date certificate was issued
How to Use the Record[edit | edit source]
Related Websites[edit | edit source]
This section of the article is incomplete. You can help FamilySearch Wiki by supplying links to related websites here.
Related Wiki Articles[edit | edit source]
Contributions to This Article[edit | edit source]
|We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. We are looking for additional information that will help readers understand the topic and better use the available records. We also need translations for collection titles and images in articles about records written in languages other than English. For specific needs, please visit WikiProject FamilySearch Historical Records/Guidelines for Articles.|
Citing FamilySearch Historical Collections[edit | edit source]
When you copy information from a record, you should also list where you found the information. This will help you or others to find the record again. It is also good to keep track of records where you did not find information, including the names of the people you looked for in the records.
A suggested format for keeping track of records that you have searched is found in the Wiki Article: Help:How to Cite FamilySearch Collections
Examples of Source Citations for a Record in This Collection[edit | edit source]
- “Delaware Marriage Records,” index and images, FamilySearch (https://www.familysearch.org: accessed 4 March 2011), entry for William Anderson and Elizabeth Baynard Henry, married 23 November 1913; citing marriage certificate no. 859; FHL microfilm 2,025,063; Delaware Bureau of Archives and Records Management, Dover.
- “El Salvador Civil Registration,” index and images, FamilySearch (https://www.familysearch.org: accessed 21 March 2011), entry for Jose Maria Antonio del Carmen, born 9 April 1880; citing La Libertad, San Juan Opico, Nacimientos 1879-1893, image 50; Ministerio Archivo Civil de la Alcaldia Municipal de San Salvador.
Citation for This Collection[edit | edit source]
The suggested format for citing FamilySearch Historical Collections is found in the following article: Help:How to Create Source Citations For FamilySearch Historical Records Collections