London Jewish Records
|London Wiki Topics|
|Local Research Resources|
Bevis Marks Synagogue, built 1701, is the oldest synagogue in the United Kingdom.
Marriages at Bevis Marks Synagogue (1766-1837) and the Great Synagogue (1791-1837) are indexed at FindMyPast (£).
Wikipedia contributors have compiled a list of London synagogues.
The Knowles Collection (available online) reconstructs the families of many historic London Jews.
GENUKI identifies several Jewish resources for London, including:
- The London Jews Database (pre-1850)
- Jewish Cemeteries in London
- JewishGen & JGSGB United Kingdom Database
- [ http://www.jewishroots.uct.ac.za/Shelter.aspx The Poor Jews' Temporary Shelter]
Published transcripts of records:
- Bevis Marks Records
- New Synagogue, London Birth Records (from FHL Film 94,668) FHL 942.1/L1 K39h
- The Circumcision Register of Isaac and Abraham de Paiba (1715-1775) FHL 942.1/L1 K35s pt. 4
- Synagogue Scribes. London synagogue records, will abstracts, tax records - free.
- Jewish Communities (London Lives)
- Jewish Genealogy: A Summary of Sources at London Metropolitan Archives (London Metropolitan Archives (LMA) Information Leaflet 24)
- Records of the Anglo-Jewish Community at London Metropolitan Archives (LMA Information Leaflet 20)
- Wikipedia Contributors, "Bevis Marks Synagogue," Wikipedia, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bevis_Marks_Synagogue, accessed 7 January 2012.