Llanddowror, Carmarthenshire, Wales Genealogy
History[edit | edit source]
LLANDOWROR, a parish, in the higher division of the hundred of DERLLYS, union and county of CARMARTHEN, SOUTH WALES, 2 miles (W.S.W.) from St. Clear's, on the road from Carmarthen to Haverfordwest. The lands are partly inclosed and cultivated, and a considerable portion is covered with underwood; the surrounding scenery is pleasing. Within the limits of the parish is one of the finest quarries in the county, producing stone of excellent quality for building, and the working of which affords employment to such of the labouring inhabitants as are not engaged in agriculture. A new line of road, constructed to avoid the steep ascent of Llandowror hill to Tavarn 'Spytty, on the border of Pembrokeshire, was completed in 1830, and extends from the village of Llandowror, until it joins the road to Milford, considerably south of the former. The church is dedicated to St. Cringat. There is a place of worship for Calvinistic Methodists.
For more information see Llanddowror, Carmarthenshire at genuki.org.uk
|County bef 1974||add here|
|County 1 Apr 1974-31 Mar 1996||add here|
|County 1 Apr 1996 -||add here|
|Civ Reg District||Carmarthen (1881)|
|Reg Sub-district||St. Clears (1881)|
|Probate Court||add here|
|Rural Deanery||add here|
|Poor Law Union||Carmarthen|
Records[edit | edit source]
Civil Registration[edit | edit source]
Church Records[edit | edit source]
Census Records[edit | edit source]
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
Probate Records[edit | edit source]
Maps and Gazetteers[edit | edit source]
Websites[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of Wales (1849), pp. 536-559. Adapted. Date accessed: 14 January 2014.