Llanboidy, Carmarthenshire, Wales Genealogy
History[edit | edit source]
LLANBOIDY (LLAN-BEADY), a parish, in the union of NARBERTH, lower division of the hundred of DERLLYS, county of CARMARTHEN, SOUTH WALES, 6 1/2 miles (N.W. by W.) from St. Clear's; comprising the Upper and Lower divisions. This parish, situated on the turn-pike road leading from Narberth to St. Clear's and Newcastle-Emlyn, extends nearly nine miles from north to south, and five in a transverse direction, and contains, in rich meadow and arable land, 10,666 a, 3 r. 7 p. The parish contains iron-ore, which is found in considerable quantity; and the springs in the various parts of it are strongly impregnated with that mineral. A fair is held annually in the village on September 18th. In the hamlet of Regwm, in the parish, is a chapel dedicated to St. David. There are two places of worship for Independents.
For more information see Llanboidy, Carmarthenshire at genuki.org.uk
|County bef 1974||add here|
|County 1 Apr 1974-31 Mar 1996||add here|
|County 1 Apr 1996 -||add here|
|Civ Reg District||Narberth (1881)|
|Reg Sub-district||Llanboidy (1881)|
|Probate Court||add here|
|Rural Deanery||add here|
|Poor Law Union||Narberth|
Records[edit | edit source]
Civil Registration[edit | edit source]
Church Records[edit | edit source]
Census Records[edit | edit source]
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
Probate Records[edit | edit source]
Maps and Gazetteers[edit | edit source]
Websites[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of Wales (1849), pp. 493-505. Adapted. Date accessed: 14 January 2014.