Lamesley, Durham Genealogy
Parish History[edit | edit source]
Lamesley was a chapelry within the ancient parish of Chester le Street. The chapelry which had stood on the site previously was rebuilt and extended in 1759 with subequent additions in 1821 and restoration in 1884. The parish includes Hedley, Ravensworth and Kibblesworth.
Parish Records[edit | edit source]
Durham University Library Archives and Special Collections DDR/EA/PBT/2/163 1765-1851 Parish Register transcripts are available to search free online at Record Search.
The dates of the post-1760 transcripts have been noted in detail and sometimes only cover years. For most parishes in the collection there are gaps in the sequence of transcripts. It is advisable to consult the original parish registers for these years and events.
The Parish Registers for the period 1603-1987 are deposited at Durham County Record Office, County Hall, Durham, DH1 5UL (EP/Lam).