Knowle St Giles, Somerset Genealogy
Guide to Knowle St Giles, Somerset ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Knowle St Giles, Somerset|
|Poor Law Union||Chard|
|Parish registers: 1695|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1607|
|Diocese||Bath and Wells|
|Probate Court||Court of the Peculiar of the Prebend of Cudworth and Knowle|
|Location of Archive|
|Somerset Archives and Local Studies|
Parish History[edit | edit source]
KNOWLE-ST. GILES, a parish in Chard district, Somerset; on the Chard canal, 2 miles NE by N of Chard railway station.
Resources[edit | edit source]
Civil Registration[edit | edit source]
Church records[edit | edit source]
Knowle St Giles, Somerset Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|FREG = FreeREG - free|
|MARR = Somerset Marriages (findmypast) - (£)|
|NBI = National Burial Index (findmypast) - (£)|
|SOPC = Somerset Online Parish Clerks - free|
|KNOWLE ST GILES PARISH Online Records|
|FREG||1695-1783, 1813-1912||1695-1885||1695-1783, 1813-1898|
Census records[edit | edit source]
Probate records[edit | edit source]
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Somerset Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers[edit | edit source]
Websites[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- John M. Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales, 1870-72. Date accessed and adapted: 22 September 2013.
- 'Somerset Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 16 October 2013.
- 'Somerset Marriages', findmypast (WayBack Machine), accessed 30 April 2014.
- 'Parish Records - National Burial Index Records 1538 - 2005 Coverage', Find My Past, accessed 17 October 2013.
- Somerset Online Parish Clerks Genealogy, accessed 22 October 2013.
Contributor: add any additional relevant sites that aren’t mentioned above.