Difference between revisions of "Kellog Trail"

From FamilySearch Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
m (edited breadcrumb)
(→‎History: fixed broken link "Three Roads to the Mines")
 
Line 13: Line 13:
 
[http://www.adena.com/adena/usa/hs/hs49.htm Nachusa:Milo Quaife]  History of the Kellog Trail<br>
 
[http://www.adena.com/adena/usa/hs/hs49.htm Nachusa:Milo Quaife]  History of the Kellog Trail<br>
  
[http://www.geocities.com/old_lead/roads2themines.htm Three Roads to the Mines: Greg Carter, OLRHS] <br>
+
[http://www.oocities.org/old_lead/articles.htm Three Roads to the Mines: Greg Carter, OLRHS] <br>
  
 
[http://www.jodaviess.org/vertical/Sites/%7B7C77C92D-D4A3-4866-8D3D-FE560FE5CFC8%7D/uploads/%7B0BA15A56-3A3D-4E79-8D87-AE690F434DFD%7D.PDF  Attachment J: Historic Trails]
 
[http://www.jodaviess.org/vertical/Sites/%7B7C77C92D-D4A3-4866-8D3D-FE560FE5CFC8%7D/uploads/%7B0BA15A56-3A3D-4E79-8D87-AE690F434DFD%7D.PDF  Attachment J: Historic Trails]

Latest revision as of 10:28, 27 November 2020

Kellog Trail was a migratory route from Galena to Peoria. Originally established by Oliver W. Kellogg in 1825 and later altered by John W. Dixon. The trail began as a shorter route to the lead mines, but later became a migration route as people flocked to the area.

History[edit | edit source]

Nachusa:Milo Quaife History of the Kellog Trail

Three Roads to the Mines: Greg Carter, OLRHS

Attachment J: Historic Trails

History of Lee County, Illinois: Frank Everett Stevens Vol. Chapter 3 p. 27