Janesville, Rock County, Wisconsin Genealogy
Find genealogy records: churches, cemeteries, historical and genealogical societies, libraries, newspapers, city directories and government offices for Janesville, Wisconsin, Rock County Seat, Wisconsin.
- Parish records, 1904-1944 [Janesville, Wisconsin] St. Peter's Evangelical Lutheran Church contains charter and constitution, pastor 1904-1963, church council 1903-1928, members, communion register, baptisms, confirmations, marriages, funerals, annual summary, and history. Includes A history and interpretation of the first twenty years.
- Mt. Olivet Cemetery, Janesville, Wisconsin, 1894-1944 Catholic cemetery.
- Oak Hill Cemetery, Janesville, Wisconsin index in each volume.
- Civil War veterans buried in Oakhill Cemetery : Janesville, Wisconsin
- Tombstone inscriptions:Oak Hill Cemetery, Janesville, Wisconsin
for a Complete list see
- Janesville (Wisconsin) city directories 1858-1860, 1884-1885, 1889-1890, 1892-1895, 1903, 1907, 1909, 1911, 1913, 1915, 1917 1919, 1921, 1923,1925,1927,1929,1931, 1934
- Janesville, Wisconsin, city directory
Also see County and State Maps
See populated places on county or state page
- Janesville Wisconsin Gazette death index This is more than an index because it gives the death date, place of residence at death, and often the parents or other relatives in addition to the date of the newspaper. Contents: v. 1. 1845-1889 -- v. 2. 1890-1907.
- Janesville [Wisconsin recorder times index] This index of events is created from a weekly newspaper published in Janesville, Wisconsin, known as the Rock County Recorder, which began publication on January 23, 1874 and continued thru March 20, 1913. Later the name was changed to the Janesville Record Times"...Introd. (1900-1906). The 1874-1890 volume includes the Rock County Recorder, which eventually became the Janesville Recorder Times after 1913.
Contents: 1874-1890 -- 1891-1899 -- 1900-1906 -- 1907-1913. Includes anniversaries, births, birthdays, divorces, marriages, bride index & deaths.
Library has bound v. 1900-1906 and v. 1907-1913 together.
- Janesville, Wisconsin Gazette : birth, death, marriage & misc. event index, 1907-1913 Contents is in alphabetical order and divided into the following sections: miscellaneous, births, birthdays, marriages, bride to groom index, divorce, deaths. Contents: v. 1. 1907-1910 -- v. 2. 1911-1913.
- Marriages from the Janesville Gazette Each book includes a full-name index. Contents: vol. 1. Book 1, 1845-1862; Book 2, 1863-1876 -- v. 2. Book 3, 1877-1885 -- v. 3. volume 4, 1886-1906.
Also see County and State Societies
See Rock County Records
Other Possible Resources
County, State, and College